Effective treatments at Vascular Surgical Associates
We can help treat the following conditions:
- Superficial venous thrombosis (or Phlebitis): This is when blood clots develop in a vein close to the surface of the skin. While these kinds don’t usually travel to the lungs, they can still cause considerable pain.
- Chronic venous insufficiency: This condition occurs due to venous reflux – when the valves inside the veins become incompetent, and the veins are unable to pump blood back to the heart with normal efficiency. This can result in leg swelling, pain, varicose veins, and ulceration.
- Varicose and spider veins: Varicose veins are bulging, rope like veins. Varicose veins can be caused by venous insufficiency. Spider veins are small, red or blue veins that are close to the surface of the skin.
- Venous Stasis Ulcers: These types of ulcers are caused by chronic venous insufficiency. These are open sores that can become chronic.
Prescribing the right treatment for each patient!
If you suffer from any of these conditions, you should know that we can prescribe the right nonsurgical or surgical treatment option for you. We prescribe a wide variety of treatments, and always seek to prescribe the right treatment to suit the needs and lifestyle of each one of our patients.
Contact us at any of the following locations for more information about venous diseases:
- Austell: 770-944-8315
- Canton: 770-479-4800
- Cartersville: 770-544-1155
- Douglasville: 770-874-0572
- East Cobb: 678-626-5420
- Hiram: 770-874-0703
- Marietta: 770-423-0595
- Woodstock: 770-874-7631